Thursday, January 08, 2009

New Series for me

Last year I read 52 books. It was the first time where I actually kept track of what books I have read and today I counted them. I put them on google docs. So far this year I have finished 1 book. The new book series I am reading is The Southern Vampire Series by Charlaine Harris. She has 8 books with a new one coming out in May. So far I have read 2 of the books, I'm waiting for the 3rd book from the library. I usually don't buy books I just go online to the library and reserved them. Then I pick them up when they're ready. If it an author I already love or a book I really love (such as the Twilight Series) I will purchase the books. So last year HBO turned the first book in the Vampire Series into a show called True Blood. I don't have cable so I was not able to watch it. Plus I hadn't read the book yet. So I finally read the first book and then searched online and found the show online. They have 12 episodes from the first season and I have watched 11 of them. I love the show and I love the books. Although there are some differences between the show and the book (the first season is the first book), they are both good. But if you need a book to read check out The Southern Vampire Series, the first book is Dead Until Dark, also check out True Blood if you get a chance. Be warned though, it is an HBO show so there is nudity, sex and swearing in it.

3 comments:

" Dallas " said...

argon remmeber to also read the short stories ! you can find a list on my blog http://lovingtruebloodindallas.blogspot.com/
click on short stories for the whole list

Stacy said...

I've had a hard time finding some fiction to read. Most of what I've been reading these days is non-fiction or biographies. Have any suggestions fiction-wise from your 52 books that I could get into? I kind of miss curling up and spending the entire night with a good story.

11 DAYS UNTIL LOST!

I like the cable shows. I was really into Six Feet Under, and today watch Dexter and Weeds.

By the way, I started watching "Chuck" as well. I watched a few episodes from this season, and found the rest from the first and second season online. I like it a lot! And I swear, it's not just because I'm totally in love with Zachary Levi, really!

Okay, maybe a little bit.

Celeste said...

I do know about the short stories and plan to read them.

OMG Stacy, I'm glad you liked Chuck. I LOVE that show. Thinking of my 52 books I read last year, I re-read the Harry Potter books, I also like the PJ Tracy books, Monkeewrench is the fist in the series. It takes place in MN. I like The Dark is Rising Series by Susan Cooper. Also if you haven't read The Chronicles of Narnia read all of them starting with The Magician's Nephew. Oh and of course my favorite books I read were the Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer. They're teen books and they are a super fast read, although very teenish. I also enjoyed His Dark Materials Books by Philip Pullman, the first in the series is The Golden Compass. I always enjoy any Dean Koontz book too.

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...