Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is it cold enough?

With temps in the last few days being below 0F, many people I know that don't live here have asked me how I can live here. I was wondering that myself this morning when I put gas in my car. I was a big wimp though and payed outside at the pump and got in the car while the gas was pumping. But it's kind of sad that it's been so cold that I haven't let the kids play outside. Even with snowpants, boots, hats and mittens I still think they'll be too cold. X has been asking to play outside and my response is always "It's too cold" but he just thinks I'm being mean. Maybe next week will be warmer and the kids can play outside.

Last night we had Kindergarten Open House. X is very excited to be starting Kindergarten next year and I'm a little sad to see that he is so grown up. In 3 years O will be starting Kindergarten too. Kids do grow up way too fast.

Oh and check it out, I've already read 4 books this year! At this rate I'll probably read over 100 books this year. I'm on page 48 of Club Dead, the 4th book in the Southern Vampire Series.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

"With temps in the last few days being below 0F, many people I know that don't live here have asked me how I can live here. I was wondering that myself this morning when I put gas in my car."

I tend to take the attitude that there's nothing I can really do about it, so it's a waste of time to stress about it. And it's worth it for the summers and the fall here, which I think are the best in the nation.

I felt the same way though, I was sad that I couldn't take my dog for her walks the past week. She usually gets two a day, and man, there is some pent up energy there. I couldn't even imagine two kids with cabin fever!

But hey, look on the bright side. It seemed real nice this morning at 20°, right? And if anything, it gives you bragging rights.

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...