Monday, May 11, 2009

My new garden

I had a good Mother's Day. Although I am quite sore from it because we dug out a new garden. I got a trellis from my in-laws for my birthday and we found a place for it. It looked nice in the corner of our fence where we only had a bush we planted last year. So therefore this inspired us to make a new garden. I wanted to put a small bench underneath the trellis and a little path leading up to it. So we got all the things we needed and set to work digging up all the grass that was there. After several hours of work we got it done. Well it's mostly done, we still need to add a few more plants and I want to make a stepping stone with the kids hand prints to put in front of the bench.

This is what it looked like before we dug it up. We had the garden outlined.

This is me in it after we had everything planted and dug up.

Me and the kids.

7 comments:

Dan said...

Cool garden. I bet you were sore the next day after doing all that work.

Celeste said...

Thanks! I sure was.

Dan said...

Me too, since I did all the harsh physical work...

Celeste said...

HA!!! Who got down on the ground and pulled up the grass and then planted a bunch of the plants. Then gave the kids baths and made lunch!

Dan said...

I pulled up the grass and cleaned up the mess you left behind...next time be a little more thankful for my help.

Dan said...

By the way, I'm only joking. Don't take me too seriously...

Celeste said...

Thanks! insert sarcasm. ;)

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...