Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Back to work :(

I had a nice long weekend. I left work early on Friday to go buy some sunscreen for the kids for daycare. I found some! Friday night we really didn't do much other than go on a bike ride to the park and be outside. I think I spent most of the weekend outside.
Saturday morning Dan took X to a car show while O and I went shopping. I found a couple of pairs of pants and a cute skirt. Then I went to Menards to pick up some hanging baskets and picked the guys up at the car show. X loved it and then we went to Culver's with my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and nephew. They went back to our house to give X his birthday gift. His birthday party is this Saturday and they can't make it. He got Hi Ho Cherry O and he insisted on playing it. It was nap time so he didn't get a chance then. After the kids got up from nap (I watched Sex and the City while they napped) we took them to ILs house. Dan and I went to MOA to meet some friends for dinner and a movie (Star Trek). The movie was good. My dad used to watch the old Star Trek so I knew most of the names of the characters, plus I had watched Voyager(it had a female captain) and The Next Generation (the guy that's in X-Men is the captain) a little bit so I knew the premise. Also we had watched Enterprise (the one where Scott Bakula was the captain) until it was cancelled. But Zach Quinto (Sylar!!) was great at being spock. I loved the part with young Spock and Vulcan bullies. I would definitely buy this movie when it comes out on DVD. I didn't think it was too violent either, it was more story than anything else. Although there is some time travel and alternate universe that if you think too hard on you'll get confused.
Sunday we picked the kids up around 11am. We decided to hand wash both cars and wax them. So we washed them before picking the kids up and waxed them when the kids were napping. They didn't nap very long and afterwards we played outside with them, bike ride and park. We also decided to do a bonfire since it was so nice and not windy. So we made smores and roasted marshmallows.
Yesterday, our last day off we just stayed home. I did some gardening in the morning (moved some plants around, pulled weeds, thinned out my lettuce) and then we just relaxed. I caught up on the season finale of Seeker online. I was a little disappointed that they changed it from the book. Then we grilled some pork chops and potatoes and watched Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.
Back to work today!

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...