Monday, April 04, 2011

Earth's Children Series

I read the first book in the series, The Clan of the Cave bear by Jean M. Auel while I was in college.  My mother-in-law had been telling me to read it and when I finally did I loved it.  I then read the rest of the books that were out and the sixth and final book has just come out.  I just got it and only just started.  So glad to finally have a conclusion to the series.  The books follow a girl named Ayla (blonde haired, blue eyed) from the time she is 5 years old until she is an adult.  The books take place 30,000 years ago.  There is an earthquake and her parents die and she is left wandering and she if found by a clan of Neanderthals.  She is adopted into this new clan and must learn to adapt.

The Clan of the Cave Bear (1980)

The Valley of the Horses (1982)

The Mammoth Hunters (1985)

The Plains of Passage (1990)

The Shelters of Stone (2002)

The Land of Painted Caves (2011)

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...