Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Movies

I have yet to see Angels & Demons. I wanted to go see it but a) The Da Vinci Code ruined it for me and b) we need to find a babysitter for two kids. So it will probably be a movie that we see when it comes out on video. I have heard from people that it is a lot better that the first one so that is a good thing. Although I never agreed with the casting of Tom Hanks as Robert Langdon, he not the way I had pictured him in my mind. I think they almost should have gone with a lesser known actor.

The other movie that I am looking forward to seeing this summer is Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. I have to admit that I did watch the cartoon a little bit in the 80s and I LOVE the first movie. I love Shia Labeouf, although I've only seen him in Transformers, Indiana Jones & Surf's Up. Although I don't know if Sur's Up counts too much because he just did the voice for Cody Maverick. That's another good movie, I'm actually surprised I like it so much. The new Transformers movie comes out June 24th. We're probably not going to go see it for a couple of weeks after it comes out though.

Also coming out this summer and I've been looking forward to it is Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, coming out July 15th. This movie was supposed to come out last November and I was bummed that I had to wait so long to see it. I even re-read all the Harry Potter bookad and we're currently re-watching the first 5 movies. The next movie Deathly Hallows will actually be two movies.

On August 14th, The Time Traveler's Wife is coming out in theaters. I read the book and really enjoyed it and I hope they do a good job with the movie. It stars Eric Bana and Rachel McAdams. I suggest reading the book it was really well written.

Not a summer movie but a movie I'm really looking forward to seeing is New Moon coming out November 20th. I've read all 4 books by Stephenie Meyer: Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse & Breaking Dawn. I am really looking forward to seeing all four books turned into movies.

I did get a chance to see Star Trek last month. I really liked Zachary Quinto as Spock. I kept expecting him to cut someone's head open Sylar style. I'm not a huge Star Trek fan but my dad watched the old ones and I've seen them. But I think it's a good movie for Trekkies and non-Trekkies.

So it looks like I have about a movie a month I want to see. I am definitely going to see Transformers, Harry Potter and New Moon in the theater. The others I might just watch after they come out on DVD. I also heard that Prince of Persia, based on the video game is coming out in 2010. Dan has the game for Wii and it looks interesting. The movie will star Jake Gyllenhall as the main character.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...