Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Halloween 2011

I have 12 days to finish X's Halloween costume.  I usually make his costumes.  Last year he was Ash Ketchum (Pokemon Trainer), this year it is Hiccup (How to Train Your Dragon).  We went shopping a while ago to buy the fabric.  We picked out a greenish flannel color for the tunic shirt.  I actually made the tunic a couple of weeks ago and I just have to put the finishing touches on it.  Then we bought a furry fabric for the vest.  That fabric sheds like crazy and I am not looking forward to making the vest.  But this weekend I must make the vest.  If I have enough left over I'll make little leg things so he looks like he's wearing furry boots.  I'm pretty sure I'll have enough left over.  Then he's probably just going to wear sweatpants and something warm underneath.  He has a sword he can use. 

O on the other hand is usually a princess.  Most of the time I can find a dress up dress.  Last year she was a witch.  I had bought the dress at a garage sale for 25 cents, got a witch hat on clearance the previous year.  She wore striped tights and something warm underneath.  I also made her a fleece cloak so she could be warm.  But this year my mother-in-law bought a cute Barbie Princess dress and O is insisting on wearing it.  So her costume is super easy.  I just need to find a tiara for her to wear.

The kids really want the dog to dress up but I really don't want to torture him and plus he would never keep a costume on.  Although I know he would look cute in a costume.

I'll post some pictures of their costumes from Halloween.  Hopefully they turn out as I envisioned them.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...