Friday, October 10, 2008

Brisingr


I actually finished the book last week but have not had a chance to write about it. I was in the process of re-reading all the Harry Potter books. I took a break from those when this book came out. I wasn't actually planning to buy the book. We went to Target the day it came out and I had seen it in the add for $15. I decided if they had it I would buy it. Well I had to ask the Electronics department person and they had 2 left behind the counter. So I bought it. It did take me a while to read, I think it's about 730 pages long. It was a good book, but Eldest if probably my favorite of the three. That being said though I am looking forward to the fourth and final book. So here is what I thought of the book. Oh and just in case you haven't read it, I am warning that there are spoilers ahead.
The book starts out with Eragon and Roran trying to save Katrina. I thought this was over a little too soon and that they defeated the Ra'zac a little too easily. I did like the chapters that were in Roran's prespective. There are definately some parts this book could have done without, such as the whole choosing a Dawrf King and all the detail that he went into describing how Eragon's sword was made. I like Murtagh and Thorn though and I actually feel bad for them. I kind of had an idea that Brom was Eragon's dad and so it wasn't too surprising when that was revealed. I did find surprising that Eragon's mom Selena was so cruel. At least now we know why Brom was in Carvahall and why he kept such a close eye on Eragon. Also surprising was the source of Galbatorix's power. Although the word Eldunari sounds like it belongs in Lord of the Rings. But the Heart of Hearts makes perfect sense. I also like that Glaedr gave Saphira and Eragon his Eldunari. It was so sad when Oromis and Glaedr died. I found it kind of stupid that Eragon and Arya had to kill a Shade. It seemed like it happened too easily. But I do think that Arya has feelings for Eragon. I think in the next book they will get the next egg and it will hatch for Arya. The dragon will be a male and Saphira will then be it's mate. This will forever bind Arya and Eragon who will also get together. Oh and what was taken from Eragon when he got the brightsteel from the Menoa Tree. She told him that he had to agree to let her have what she wanted but she never told him what it was. I'm sure she took something from him and I hope we find out in the next book. I did like this book and I hope Christopher Paolini writes the fourth one quickly.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...