Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Books & Movies

I've just re-read Eragon. The new book Brisingr is coming out in September and I'm so excited for it. I read both books (Eragon & Eldest) when I was on maternity leave after Olivia was born. I saw the movie shortly after I read the book and the book is WAY better. Books are always way better than their movie. Don't get me wrong, I really like the movie but I think I have to view the movie as just a movie and not compare it to the book. The book talks so much about Eragon raising Saphira and gives you so much background on the Dragon Riders. Also you get more back story on Brom. You find out that Brom was friends with Morzan before he betrayed the riders and joined Galbatorix. Also it's so unbelievable that the book was written by a 16 year old. I don't think I could have written anything like that when I was 16. I was planning to re-read Eldest next but I reserved a copy of Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I heard they are making that into a movie soon too. I looked it up on IMDB and it says that it is currently filming with a release date of Dec. 12, 2008. In other movie news, Half-Blood Prince is coming out Nov. 21, 2008. Right now Prince Caspian is out in theaters and the new Indiana Jones movie is coming out next week.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...