Monday, March 26, 2012

The Hunger Games Movie

I went to see the movie on Saturday.  If you've never heard of The Hunger Games, it is a movie based on the book The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  I read the first and second book in 2009 and never imagined they would become so popular.  I re-read the first book before I saw the movie since it had been a few years.  If you haven't read the books then be warned there are some spoilers ahead.


I thought Cinna, Haymitch & Effie were great in the movie.  Love how they show some behind the scenes things which were not in the book since the books are all from Katniss's point of view.  So I love how they filled those things in.  The whole reaping was very emotional especially when Katniss volunteers and Prim is crying out her name.  Also I think they truly did Rue's death justice.  It was how I imagined it in the book and her casting was great!  Of course there are things in the movie that they left out that I wish they had left in.  Or little things that were changed (such as the pin).  But nothing that will affect any sequels or main parts of the stories from playing out.  The only actor I did not care for was Gale but he was not in it too much, but hopefully he will be better in movies to come.  Overall it is a movie I will definitely purchase and watch again.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...