Thursday, March 22, 2012

Book Review: Pandemonium - Lauren Oliver

I’m pushing aside the memory of my nightmare,
pushing aside thoughts of Alex,
pushing aside thoughts of Hana and my old school,
push,
push,
push,
like Raven taught me to do.
The old life is dead.
But the old Lena is dead too.
I buried her.
I left her beyond a fence,
behind a wall of smoke and flame.
Lauren Oliver delivers an electrifying follow-up to her acclaimed New York Times bestseller, Delirium. This riveting, brilliant novel crackles with the fire of fierce defiance, forbidden romance, and the sparks of a revolution about to ignite.

5/5 stars (It was amazing) 
I liked this book a lot more than the first one.  The chapters are labeled "then" and "now".  In the "then" chapters you follow Lena right after she left Alex on the other side of the fence and how she adjusts to life in the Wilds.  We meet a woman named Raven and a man named Tack.  They are kind of leaders in the settlement and help Lena.  She also becomes friends with a  girl named Sarah.  Life in the Wilds is not easy and it takes Lena time to adjust.  In the "now" chapters we see her living in NY and attending school.  She is "cured" and living undercover with Raven and Tack posing as her aunt and uncle. 


It was like reading two stories in one and I was invested in both.  I would finish a chapter to only to anticipate what would happen next.  And the some things she finds out and the ending were surprises that make me want to read the next book now!

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...