Thursday, October 14, 2010

A book and a show

I just got done reading a great book last week.  It's called Life As We Knew It and it's a young adult book by Susan Beth Pfeffer.  It is the first book in a trilogy; Moon Crash Trilogy and it was excellent.  I highly recommend it.  It is written in journal format by a 16 year old girl named Miranda.  At the beginning of the book you get to know her and her family.  We find out that an asteroid is going to hit the moon and everyone will be watching.  But Astronomers miscalculated the mass of the asteroid and it moves the moon closer to Earth.  This causes world chaos as the world experiences tidal waves, earthquakes, volcanic eruption.  Mass casualties and even the coast are gone.  But the book focuses on how Miranda and her family survive this and how their life has changed because of it.  It was very interesting and I couldn't put it down.  I am planning to read the next two books in the series soon.  Here are all three books

Life As We Knew It (published 2006)
The Dead & The Gone (published 2008)
This World We Live In (published 2010)

The other part of my post has to do with the last week's episode of Supernatural.  I meant to write about it last week after I watched it but kept getting delayed.  I thought it was a good episode except for the couple of gross things (the guy pretty much turning to liquid, bugs in the brain).  I liked seeing Sam and Dean together and LOVED seeing Castiel back.  I thought it was funny that he answered when Dean called him but not when Sam had been calling him.  Also love how they had two cars and then Sam's new car got smashed so now they're back to sharing the Impala.  Next week looks good too.  Looks like Dean thinks there is something wrong with Sam.  Which I was kind of thinking there was because Sam is totally not himself and he refuses to talk to Dean about Hell.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...