Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Gilmore Girls on Netflix

I am a HUGE Gilmore Girls fan.  I watched the show when it originally aired on the WB and then re-watched it on DVD and then re-watched it again on Netflix when it was available.  So when I found out that it was being brought back on Netflix I was very excited.  I got a chance to marathon watch it on Saturday and I think I might have to re-watch it because it was over way too quickly.

I love that the show was 4 episodes long, each being 90 minutes long and each taking place during a season.  
Winter
Starts off with Rory coming home to Stars Hollow.  We get a little recap of her life and what she's been up to.  I'm a little disappointed in Rory that she's been traveling and doesn't have her dream job.  She's basically homeless and jobless.  She has boxes scattered all over and doesn't even have any underwear!  Things that disappointed me were, no Sookie in this whole episode, no Dean, no Jess!  We do however see Logan, one of the people Rory has been staying with.  Very much a friends with benefits type relationship.  Sad part was that Richard Gilmore died.

Spring
I loved, loved Paris in this episode.  The scene in the bathroom was great, I had to re-watch it!  Rory and Paris go back to Chilton, where the Headmaster tells Rory to get her Master's Degree and come back and teach there.  I definitely think she should listen to him.  Lorelai and Emily go to counseling together.  Rory has difficulty landing a job at Conde Nast and Sandee Speaks.  She is so arrogant in these job interviews, she thinks they just need to give it to her.

Summer
Rory gets a job, kind of. She becomes Edit for the Stars Hollow Gazette, which was going to stop being published.  This episode finally had Jess come to town, but unfortunately there was not enough of him.  I was hoping April would not make an appearance but she did.  At the end of this episode, Lorelai decides she wants to do Wild, the book version.

Fall
The concluding episode.  Lorelai does her Wild thing, Luke thinks they will never get back together.   The Life and Death Brigade come and Rory has one last night with Logan.  Did I mention he's been engaged this whole time?  Rory decides to write a book about her and Lorelai.  She finally moves back home.  Seems like at the last second we see Christopher, Dean and Sookie.  And OMG the ending was both happy and surprising and left open.

Could we get more Gilmore Girls?  Come on Netflix!

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...