Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Book Review: Mr. Popper's Penguins - Richard and Florence Atwater

The story of a poor painted named Mr. Popper and his family, who live in the small town of Stillwater in the 1930s.  The Poppers unexpectedly come into possession of a penguin, Captain Cook.  The Poppers then receive a female penguin from the zoo who mates with Captain Cook to have 10 baby penguins.  Before long, something must be done lest the penguins eat the Poppers, out of house and home.

4/5 stars (really liked it)
I always wanted to check this book out.  I was at my son's school helping with state testing and so I had two hours sitting there in case someone had a question or needed the bathroom and this book was in the classroom library.  So glad I read it.  It's a very cute story filled with the fun and chaos these little penguins cause the Popper family.  After reading this I asked my son if he had read it and he hadn't but he promised me he would.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...