Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Book Review: Nick and Tesla's Secret Agent Gadget Battle - Bob Pflugfelder, Steve Hockensmith

Nick and Tesla's Secret Agent Gadget Battle:  A Mystery with Spy Cameras, Code Wheels, and Other Gadgets You can Build Yourself - Bob Pflugfelder, Steve Hockensmith
Nick and Tesla's Secret Agent Gadget Battle: A Mystery with Spy Cameras, Code Wheels, and Other Gadgets You Can Build Yourself
In this third installment of the series, 11-year-old whiz-kids Nick and Tesla discover that someone in the quiet town of Half Moon Bay has placed their beloved Uncle Newt under electronic surveillance--but who is spying on him, and why?  To expose the secret agent, Nick and Tesla build all kinds of outrageous contraptions.  Throughout the book, the narrative is interrupted by blueprints and instructions so that budding young inventors can follow along.  Science and electronics have never been so much fun!

4/5 stars (really liked it)
I received this book from Quirk Books to review.  This is the third book in the series that my son and I have read.  My son is 9 years old and loves this series and he was excited when we received it.  He read the book first and he told me that it's his favorite one in the series.  He especially likes the instructions in the book for whatever gadget they are making.  After he finished the book I was able to read it.  It was a great story and I kind of suspected who the spy in the book was but the way that person was uncovered was great.  I also love that we found out more about Nick and Tesla's parents and why they are staying with their uncle Newt.  I like all the characters in the book from Nick and Tesla's friends to Uncle Newt.  I can't wait to find out more about Nick and Tesla as well as their parents.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...