Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Book Review: Stargirl - Jerry Spinelli

Stargirl (Stargirl, #1)
From the day she arrives at quiet Mica High in a burst of color and sound, hallways hum "Stargirl." She captures Leo Borlock's heart with one smile.  She sparks a school-spirit revolution with one cheer.  The students of Mica High are enchanted.  Until they are not.  Leo urges her to become the very thing that can destroy her - normal.

4/5 stars (really liked it)
I didn't think I would like this book as much as I did.  The book is written in the point of view of Leo, which I did not like at first because I really wanted to know what was going through Stargirl's mind.  But in the end I was glad that the book was in his point of view.  Stargirl is the most caring but not normal girl and was very hard for people to accept her.  I really think that we need more people like her in the world.  She was a very brave person to not conform to "normal" and to be herself and care about everyone.  I am planning to read the next book about her.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...