Friday, August 30, 2013

Book Club: Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood – Rebecca Wells

Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
When Siddalee Walker, oldest daughter of Vivi Abbott Walker, Ya-Ya extraordinaire, is interviewed in the New York Times about a hit play she’s directed, her mother gets described as a “tap-dancing child abuser.”  Enraged, Vivi disowns Sidda.  Devastated, Sidda begs forgiveness, and postpones her upcoming wedding.  All looks bleak until the Ya-Yas step in and convince Vivi to send Sidda a scrapbook of their girlhood mementos, called “Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood.”  As Sidda struggles to analyze her mother, she comes face to face with the tangled beauty of imperfect love, and the fact that forgiveness, more than understanding, is often what the heart longs for.


2/5 stars (it was ok)
I thought the book started off a little bit slow.  I really did not care for the characters Sidda and Vivi Walker, even at the end I wasn’t that attached to them.  I liked the other Ya-ya characters and I think Teensy was my favorite.  The scrapbook sounded very interesting.  Overall it was an okay book.  I would have rather only follow Vivi’s story and not even had Sidda in it.


No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...