Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Book Review: The Perks of Being a Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a story about what it’s like to travel that strange course through the uncharted territory of high school. the world of first dates, family dramas, and new friends. of sex, drugs, and the rocky horror picture show. of those wild and poignant roller-coaster days known as growing up.

3/5 stars (liked it)
I received this book through a giveaway on AnnaReads Blog.  The book is about Charlie who is just starting out in high school.  The book is written through letters that Charlie writes to a "friend".  Though we don't know who this friend is.  At first I did not like the writing style but the more I read, the more I realized that it felt like a kid was writing it.  Although I would have to say that Charlie is a bit odd in the fact that he cries quite a bit and in public.  He is certainly a unique individual.  I really felt bad for him all of the bad things that have happened in his life at such a young age.  The book ends as he is about to enter his Sophomore year.  I really liked the Epilogue to see where his life would be heading.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...