Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Mortal Instruments

I have wanted to read this series for a long time and a friend of mine mentioned to me that there was a movie based on the books that will be made.  So of course I had to read it since I rather read books before I see the movie.  I like to imagine what the people will look like in my head, rather than imagine the actors in the roles.  I also realize that books are usually better than the movies.  As long as the movies are fairly close then I am happy.  I do not like it when the movies change so much that it feels like it's not even the same thing.  So I read City of Bones by Cassandra Clare.  The book is 485 pages and it only took me 3 days to read.  That is how hooked I was with it.  I really liked all the characters in the book, even the bad guys.  I am definitely going to continue to read this series.



From Goodreads:
When fifteen-year-old Clary Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder - much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with strange tattoos and brandishing bizarre weapons. Then the body disappears into thin air. It's hard to call the police when the murderers are invisible to everyone else and when there is nothing - not even a smear of blood - to show that a boy has died. Or was he a boy?

This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons. It's also her first encounter with Jace, a Shadowhunter who looks a little like an angel and acts a lot like a jerk. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in ordinary mundanes like Clary and her mother? And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

Exotic and gritty, exhilarating and utterly gripping, Cassandra Clare's ferociously entertaining fantasy takes readers on a wild ride that they will never want to end




2 comments:

barmybex said...

This series has been on my list for ages and I still haven't got round to it. I will have to find a copy. Thanks for the review. :D

Celeste said...

Too many books and too little time. ;)

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...