Friday, July 29, 2011

Book in a Series - The Iron Witch Series

Don't you hate it when you are reading a book and it's part of a book series and you have to wait FOREVER for the next book to come out.  Then you get the next book and you can't remember where it left off?  Well I'm going to summarize a book in a series that I've read so that when I get the next book I can look at my summary and know what happened.  Warning, the following contains spoilers!

The Iron Witch Series
The Iron Witch - Karen Mahoney
The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1)
The Wood Queen - 02/2012

This book was suggested by author Richelle Mead on her website and so I thought I'd give it a try and I'm glad I did.  I really liked it.

Donna Underwood is the child of Alchemists.  When she was 7 years old her father was killed and she was injured.  To fix her injuries she was given iron tattoos on her hands and arms since that was the only way to help her.  She has great strength because of them and she wears gloves to cover up the tattoos.  She has a human friend named Navin, and he gets kidnapped by some wood elves.  She also meets a half-fey named Xan.  He was kidnapped by the Wood Elves when he was younger and his wings were ripped out and now he has scars.  With the help of Xan she goes to get Navin back.  They get into the Wood Elf realms since Xan knows how to go there and the Wood Queen says if they want Navin back they need to find the Elixir of Life and bring it to her.  She steals it from the estate of someone high up in the Order of the Dragon (society of Alchemists).  They save Navin and her tutor, Maker and she gets in trouble and has to have a trial to decide her punishment.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...