Monday, July 20, 2009

What I did

X was sick last week, he still is. On Wednesday we took him to the Dr and he had an ear infection in one ear and so much earwax in the other the Dr couldn't see in it. So he's taking Amoxicillin and drops to clear out the earwax. He hates those drops! Also his asthma is flaring up so it's a combination of nebulizer and inhaler. But he was so much better this past weekend that he didn't need a nebulizer or inhaler as much. Although he still tires easily and gets short of breath when he's playing too much. We'll see how he does in t-ball tonight. We bought him a t-ball set on Wednesday but he's been too sick to really practice. The little he did practice he got tired easily. O is also sick, but it's just a cold and she seems to be recovering. Unfortunately it seems like every time a kid has a cold I always catch it and so I was sick all weekend too. I'm feeling much better today except that I'm loosing my voice a little bit.

Saturday my in-laws were kind enough to watch two sick kids so we could go out to see a movie. We saw Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. I liked it and thought it was good, although they did leave a few things out. Especially a battle at the end and a funeral. But overall a good movie. You can't have everything from a book in a movie. Then Saturday night we watched Gran Torino, which surprised me by being a good movie.

Yesterday I went grocery shopping with O, while Dan stayed him with X. X has been playing Mario Kart on my DS like crazy. He can hardly put it down. I finally convinced him to stop playing and do something else. Although he wanted me to start playing Zelda on it, which I did. I had to start a new game since I had already beat it.

I'm currently reading the book Inkheart by Cornelia Funke. It's a good book and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie when I'm done with it. I have to read fast (I'm over half way) because a) it's due in two weeks and can't be renewed and b) I have a book waiting for me that can't be renewed and c) there's another book in transit now. I have two days to pick up my book so I'll probably wait until Wednesday to pick it up so I have 3 weeks to read it. I'm hoping to get Inkheart read in a few days. I can do it if I read at home, which I haven't really done because I'm working on a crochet project and have been watching season 3 of Supernatural.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...