Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Hard Day's Night

On Sunday we went to see a Beatles Tribute Band by the name of A Hard Day's Night. Dan works with one of the band members. The concert was outdoors and it was free. It was at 2:30PM and we took the kids with. The got a little bored but luckily there was a park nearby. The band was good. They started out in black suits playing the early years stuff, then came out with tan jackets and later years stuff and finally came out in Sgt. Pepper's outfits playing the even later years stuff. The concert was over around 5pm. It was a lot of fun and I would see them again. Afterwards we just went to McDonald's for dinner. And we got home around 7pm, just in time to see Merlin. That's a British show that is now playing on NBC. It's not a great show but I like it plus for some reason my kids get excited when I say we're watching Merlin. O kept saying "Merlin's on! Merlin's on!" It was cute.

I also finally finished watching all three seasons of Supernatural. Too bad Season 4 is not on DVD because I did miss the first few episodes of the season. But I think I know where I can watch it online. I also got caught up on True Blood, but haven't watched Sunday's episode yet. Dan says I watch too much TV. But what better time to get caught up on some shows than in summer when there really is nothing on TV. My friend is going to let me borrow Seasons 1 & 2 of Psych, I've never seen the show but she says it's great.

I'm currently reading The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe. It's really good, it started out kind of slow and now I just want to read it. Although I have two books at the library giving me a big nudge. I have the latest Southern Vampire Series book waiting. I put my name on request for it back in December before it came out, it came out in May so it has taken this long for me to get it. I know I won't be able to renew it either. Also waiting for me is Q & A which is what Slumdog Millionaire was based on. I haven't seen the movie but thought I'd read the book first. Books are always so much better than the movies. I've had my name on request for that book for a couple of months too so I know I won't be able to renew it.

Speaking of movies, I saw two clips from New Moon and pictures of the Volturi. The one clip was Bella when she crashes her motorcycle and she sees Edward (he's ghost like) and Jacob comes to her aid. The second one is of her in Italy running to save Edward. It looks good! Also coming out next month is The Time Traveler's Wife, which I want to go see.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...