Thursday, September 27, 2018

Book Review: Mistborn: The Final Empire - Brandon Sanderson

7037744
In a world where ash falls from the sky, and mist dominates the night, an evil cloaks the land and stifles all life.  The future of the empire rests on the shoulders of a troublemaker and his young apprentice.  Together, can they fill the world with color once more?

In Brandon Sanderson's intriguing tale of love, loss, despair and hope, a new kind of magic enters the stage---Allomancy, a magic of the metals.

4/5 stars (really like it)
Although I haven't read many books by Brandon Sanderson I have read enough to tell me that I love him!  I love his writing style and his characters.  I love the way he tells you a little bit but just enough to get you to read more.  Although not everything is answered in the book I still walked away from it satisfied with the ending.  Although I am glad the store continues in a another book.  I was not crazy about Vin when she was fist introduced but by the end of the book I loved her.  I love the way she grew, not just her allomancy but her as an individual.  I loved Kelsier form the beginning and I wish we could have learned more about his past.  A character that really surprised me was Elend Venture, a noble that was introduced later in the series.  His character really grew on me and I hope he's in the next book.  Seems like so much happens in the last few pages of the book.  Definitely reading the next one.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...