Thursday, March 06, 2014

Book Review: Nick and Tesla's Robot Army Rampage: A Mystery with Hoverbots, Bristle Bots, and Other Robots You Can Build Yourself - Pflugfelder & Hockensmith

Robot Army Rampage: A Mystery with Hoverbots, Bristle Bots, and Other Robots You Can Build Yourself - Pflugfelder & Hockensmith
Nick and Tesla's Robot Army Rampage: A Mystery with Hoverbots, Bristle Bots, and Other Robots You Can Build Yourself
When a rash of robberies hits the town of Half Moon Bay, 11-year-old sleuths Nick and Tesla are determined to catch the criminals--but to do so, they'll have to build a host of new gadgets and gizmos!  In this robot-themed follow-up to Nick and Tesla's High-Voltage Danger Lab, the brother-and-sister duo build four different droids out of ordinary household objects--and illustrated instructions are included throughout the story, so you can build them, too!  Can Nick and Tesla catch the criminal mastermind--and foil his army of rampaging robots--before it's too late?

4/5 stars (really liked it)
I received a copy of this book from Quirk Books.  My 9 year old son was very excited to be receiving the second book in this series since he really enjoyed the first book.  He liked this book even more than the first one.  I was able to read this book after him and it was an enjoyable book.  I had my suspision on who the bad guy was and I was actually wrong.  I love how creative Nick and Tesla are.  I was glad to see the introduction of a love interest for Uncle Newt.  I love the kids' reactions to his new friend.  I will definitely and I think my son agrees that we will read the next book as well.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...