Friday, September 13, 2013

Book Review: Around the Next Corner – Elizabeth Wrenn

Around the Next Corner
For Deena Munger, the transformation to under-appreciated housewife was subtle and gradual.  She loved her family dearly, but Deena was starting to wonder:  When did I disappear?  And how come I never even noticed?

Then one day she stuns her family by volunteering to raise a puppy for K-9 Eyes for the Blind.  Suddenly the stability of Deena’s life is turned upside down.  And, it turns out; this rambunctious, impulsive ball of fur could actually be the damage control she needs to save her family, her marriage, and her self…

3/5 stars (liked it)
I started off not really liking Deena.  She’s a housewife but really is not happy with her life or her marriage and she does not treat her husband that well.  But then we meet Heloise, the puppy she will be raising for K-9 Eyes for the Blind and I begin to like her a lot more.  Her kids are bratty teenagers and I hope when my kids are that age they treat me with more respect.  But by the end of the book I like Deena, Heloise and all the other characters in the book.  Loved the epilogue and how it wrapped up things.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...