Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Book Review: The Two Week Wait - Sarah Rayner

The Two Week Wait
After a health scare, Brighton-based Lou is forced to confront the fact that her time to have a baby is running out.  She can't imagine a future without children, but her partner doesn't seem to feel the same way, and she's not sure whether she could go it alone.
Meanwhile, up in Yorkshire, Cath is longing to start a family with her husband, Rich.  No one would be happier to have a child than Rich, but Cath is infertile.
Could these strangers help one another out?

3/5 stars (liked it)
If you've read One Moment, One Morning then you already know who Lou is.  There are also some characters from that book.  I really liked this book because I got to see where the characters were after the events of the first book.  Lou really wants a child and so does Cath.  It is amazing the sacrifices people will go through to have a child.  This book really made me appreciate the fact that I had no trouble having my two children.  I'm not sure I would go through the IVF process after reading this book.  I thought the author did a good job letting us know all that involves and she seems to have done a lot of research on the subject.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...