Thursday, July 26, 2012

Book Review: Deadlocked - Charlaine Harris

Deadlocked (Sookie Stackhouse, #12)
With Felipe de Castro, the Vampire King of Louisiana (and Arkansas and Nevada), in town, it’s the worst possible time for a body to show up in Eric Northman’s front yard—especially the body of a woman whose blood he just drank.

Now, it’s up to Sookie and Bill, the official Area Five investigator, to solve the murder. Sookie thinks that, at least this time, the dead girl’s fate has nothing to do with her. But she is wrong. She has an enemy, one far more devious than she would ever suspect, who’s out to make Sookie’s world come crashing down.

3/5 stars (liked it)
Wow I can't believe I have read 12 of these books.  They are still good but I'm not sure what else she can do with these and I think I'm ready to see the end.  I thought this book took a while to take off.  It pretty much starts off with a murder and the killer is not found until almost the end.  I was surprised at who was behind it.  Also the ending just kind of ends and I'm assuming that things will be resolved/answered in the next one.  Pretty much felt like a set up for the next book.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...