Monday, December 19, 2011

Holidays, TV Shows and more

I am happy to say that I am truly ready for Christmas.  All my shopping is done, all my gifts are wrapped, all my card are sent.  The only thing I have to do is get the stocking stuffers ready.  In my house, Santa brings the stocking stuffer gifts for the kids.  I kind of buy things throughout the year so I really have to see what I have and sort it out.  My mom is coming to visit us from another state.  It's been nearly 2 years since we've seen her.  She is arriving on Friday and so I have to make sure everything is set for her stay.  Christmas morning we're having waffles with chocolate chips for an extra treat. 

Seem like all my TV shows are on break too.  I just watched the Survivor Finale last night and The Amazing Race ended last week.  The only shows I can watch are Psych, which is just playing catch up since I haven't watched it in a while.  Also my friend told me about The Walking Dead on AMC and I just finished watching Season 1 and love it!  So I'm thinking I should get caught up on Season 2 as well.  I did watch the Webisodes that were available online.  It's such a gory show but so good.

As for books, I'm above my goal for the year.  My goal was 70 books and I've read 80 books and hopefully I can have a couple more read by the end of the year.  I guess I'll have to set my goal a little higher next year.  I'm currently re-reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini.  I have the fourth book, Inheritance sitting in my pile of books I own that I want to read.  I also want to read The Help and The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo.  Both of which I have borrowed from people so I should really read those first so I can give them back.  I really hate keeping borrowed books for too long.

So my plans for the Holidays are to eat some treats, spend some time with my family, watch some TV and read some books.  Looks like I'll be busy.

No comments:

Book Review: Overbite - Meg Cabot

Overbite - Meg Cabot Meena Harper has a special gift, but i's only now that anyone's ever appreciated it.  The Palatine Guard--...